Being Fluffy is always fine but during pregnancy, it is important to take real care about you. Because you are in need of huge amount of calories for yourself and the one who has taken your tummy for rent. With the growing baby, you are also going to increase your body weight. If your BMI (Body Mass Index – the body weight in ratio to the person’s height) is 29 and more, you are likely in the stage of obesity. Considering the add-on weight increase during pregnancy is also critical. So I recommend you to stay healthy and follow the leading methods to reduce and control your body weight during your pregnancy period to lead a happy – happy delivery.
Firstly, why is reducing weight during pregnancy important:
- Because you are going to have an additional weight gain: the below range shows the amount of pounds you are about to increase.
|> 30||11-20lb (5-9kg)|
- Overweight, pregnant women are at risk of developing gestational diabetics in future.
- Delivery possibilities: C Section, premature, defects.
- Others: infections, preeclampsia etc.
Do not attempt to diet, run and miss your meals just because you are overweight and pregnant. Here are some practical methods you can use to control your weight:
- Without missing your meals – eat on time and break your full tummy meals to smaller meals at regular time.
- Forget about – all the foods which have carbohydrates, sugar, and fats such as ice creams, cheese, chips etc.
- Don’t even think of having a sip of soft drinks and alcohol.
- Exercise: do not do all the exercises which you wish to do, since you are pregnant you need to carefully selecting the exercises; Painless and effective workout exercises for pregnant women is the guide of exercises you can do.
- You need at least 1,700 calories per day when you are pregnant and there is no substitute for it. You may control the further intake. Meet with your dietician for making a complete chart on how to manage your weight.
- Take in vitamin supplements to compensate your vitamin needs.
- Eat a lot of fruits – especially which have a lot of water content in it. Drink one whole glass of water before eating any food. So that you will feel full without eating much food.
- You need to reduce about 500 calories/day over one week time, for that, you need to avoid all the bakery items and junk foods.
- The other natural forms are morning sickness, vomiting, and nausea will help in burning your calories.
- Avoid foods which have huge amount of salt content in it, as it causes water retention. And being moisturized with water is very important for pregnant women.
Consult a doctor and dietician before planning to lose your weight as you need to make sure if you are fit enough to lose weight and your pregnancy is in a safe situation; if any complication is there in your pregnancy you are not advised to try these. Also, if you feel any discomfort while trying to lose weight then stop then and there, meet with the doctor in the earliest appointment.Have a happy pregnancy.